Welcome to the first edition of 5 Things Friday: Unplugged, where I’ll post five things that inspired me and put me into my happy place throughout the past week.
Have you ever thought about what made you go after a certain sport, growing up? What made you decide to like movies, or love reading? What motivations are behind your hobbies and interests?
This post over at budding author Ollin Morales’s blog Courage 2 Create differentiates passions versus callings. Morales writes, “The best way I can describe the difference between a passion and a calling is that a passion is like the love of a friend or a family member… But finding your calling is like falling in love. A calling requires that you hold a commitment to something. To commit to a calling is just like getting married… you are totally fine with the pursuit of your calling taking up your whole entire life.”
What are your callings? What are your passions? Here are five things that motivated mine this week.
1. Recently, I spent a rainy afternoon writing at the Thomas Crane Public Library in Quincy, where I experienced an authentic quarter-life crisis and masked the entire feeling behind this one image. I’m currently writing this blog from a Starbucks, another place where I can pretend to write while I people-watch.
2. This picture is the most brilliant juxtaposition of dance and writing. It was like a Beauty and the Beast style sliding ladder full of organized pointe shoes. Right around the corner from Harry’s Bar in Paris was Repetto , which is a store full of ballerina bliss.
3. A new notebook AND new calligraphy ink. Nerd alert.
4. I’m so over snowstorms, so this J. Crew display made me want to kick off my cold winter boots and strip off every spare piece of clothing I can find.
5. Last but not least: a significant sign went up on our new house today!
So: what’s inspired you this week?